Photos of Belgian beers above
Official languages of Belgium are: (FROM WIKI)
but go to this link at WIKI to find more about other languages in Belgium:
- Where do you go to eat in Brussels?
COMME CHEZ SOI:
- sole stuffed with crab
- shrimp in a tarragon sauce
- green pea soup with oxtail & Chimay beer
- filets of eel with Espelette peppers from the Basque country
- chicken with turmeric and apple chutney
- floating island
- Burgundian Bruxellois
- melange of poulet and greens
- chocolate cake like a souffle
AUX ARMES DE BRUXELLES:
- fresh buckets of mussels with French fries and mayonnaise.
- Real Bruxellois eat the first mussel with their fingers, and use the empty shell as a utensil for scooping up the rest.
- Mop up the mussel soup with a hunk of crusty bread.
- excellent beef stewed in beer
- waterzooï (fish or chicken stew)
- steak with pepper-and-cream sauce
A LA MORT SUBITE
- lambic beer
- open-face sandwiches known as tartines (beef tartare)
- quiet glass of kreik, or cherry-flavored beer.
AUX VIEUX BRUXELLES
- delectable mussels made with beer, curry and blue cheese.
- mussels serve 15 different ways:
- raw (accompanied only by a light white-wine sauce)
- moules marinières (boiled in water with vegetables)
- moules au vin (boiled in wine)
- Also have other foods if you don't want mussels
- steak au poivre flambé (flamed pepper steak)
- escargots (snails)
Photos below of Belgian sweets:
Photos below of Belgian wine and beer:
Gelukkige eten en drinken
Manger heureux et boire
Glückliches Essen und Trinken