All photos on this post were taken by this blogger on
October 19 2012!! (Click on them to make larger)
“Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.”― Marcel Proust
“I don’t have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They’re upstairs in my socks.”― Groucho Marx
“It shocks me how I wish for...what is lost and cannot come back.”― Sue Monk Kidd, Traveling With Pomegranates: A Mother-Daughter Story
“The past is for learning from and letting go. You can't revisit it. It vanishes.”― Adele Parks, Young Wives' Tales
Scenic photos below (and below those food photos):
- Every year since sometime in the early 1990's we drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway for the scenery: Lover's Leap etc.
- Every year we stop at stands and buy cabbage, apples, jams, honey, tomatoes, pumpkins, etc.
- Every year we are in awe of the leaf colors changing and the views.
- Every year we see another vendor close. Two of our favorite cabbage vendors are gone. One of the favorite apple, jam and more vendors closed down last year!!
- We will continue to go to Mountain Man in Cana, Virginia as long as we continue to make those trips.