NUTRITION INFORMATION - One tablespoon is 73 calories and 8 grams of fat. Normal lite serving is 4 TBNS but most people use 6 TBNS.
That is approx. 300 - 450 calories (1/5 of normal calories per day).
and 32 - 48 grams of fat. Almost the entire fat allowance per day!
The parents if do this are fools and making their kids fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, October 31, 2013
This is a kershaw or a cushaw!
There are different opinions on what this is:
- Mountain Man in Cana, Va says it is a cross between a pumpkin and a squash.
- Another opinion is that it is a cross between a zucchini and a pumpkin.
- Another opinion is that it is a Tennessee sweet potato squash.
- Also claimed by Louisiana and Tennessee
My personal photo above
Substitutes for Kershaw would be Butternut or Delicata. Photos below.
Butternut and Kershaw have really tough skins and are tough to crack open. I peel mine with a "Farberware" peeler (Wimpy peelers don't work). My sister-in-law Patricia who made the Kershaw pies baked the Kershaw in the oven until the skin came off.
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Friday, October 25, 2013
Monday, October 14, 2013
Friday, October 11, 2013
NOTE: Love Giada but not the treatment of her and many of the chefs on Foodnetwork.com.
- They fired Paula Deen for nothing and now are running (for example, today 6 episodes of "Unwrapped" in a row). Since they don't have the Deen family to post anymore they are running out of material and running 9 year old episodes (This episode is from 2004 but I think the recipes are great and applicable to today's cooks).
- They don't post photos a lot on the recipe pages (especially on the older ones - saving space on servers) - so we can't see what the finished dish looks like so I have used some GENERIC PHOTOS HERE if I couldn't locate somewhere else.
ITLALIAN: Ina Garten - Get your Italian recipe fix here: 85 Italian recipes from the Barefoot Contessa - VIDEOS TOO
LINK TO RECIPES BELOW PHOTOS