ZA'ATAR IS GREAT ON NAAN BREAD OR PITA. Serve
with a Greek Salad!!
HERE IS AN EASY LINK:
MY RECIPE WITH THE LEMON PEEL SUBSTITUTE FOR
SUMAC: To make about 1/2 cup of za’atar, put
- 3 Tbs. dried thyme
- 1 Tbs. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs. ground sumac (NOTE - SEE SUBSTITUTE BELOW)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (I used oregano) or marjoram
- and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt in a spice grinder.
- Pulse a few times to mix and break up some of the seeds—there should still be many whole seeds visible. Store in a cool, dark place for up to six months.