International food blog: AMERICAN: Betty Crocker Easy Pies - QUICK LINK: BETTY CROCKER EASY PIES USING BISQUICK
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
AMERICAN: Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars and "gluten free" Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars from Betty Crocker
Pumpkin Streusel cheesecake bars
Gluten Free Pumpkin Streusel cheesecake bars
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
AMERICAN: Thanksgiving - no more green bean, mushroom soup and fried onion rings - 592 green bean recipes from Food Network - QUICK LINK
International food blog: PACIFIC RIM COUNTRIES: TAMARIND AND SUBSTITUTES A...: Map of Pacific Rim Countries that use tamarind in their cooking PHOTOS OF TAMARINDS AND TAMARIND DISHES ...
Map of Pacific Rim Countries that use tamarind in their cooking
PHOTOS OF TAMARINDS AND TAMARIND DISHES
Click on links below for information about the tamarind
Substitutes because can be difficult to find
- Equal amounts of lemon or lime juice mixed with light or dark brown sugar or molasses
- Equal amounts of white vinegar or cider vinegar or rice vinegar or dry white wine and brown sugar
- Pomegranate molasses (don't have?) Make your own pomegranate molasses by boiling down a liter bottle (33.184 oz.) of pomegranate juice which will produce 1/3 to 1/2 cup of concentrate
- 1 part lime juice, 1 part water, or 25% dark brown sugar (example: 1/4 lime juice, 1/4 water and 1 tbsp.)
- lemon marmalade or mango chutney
- quince paste
- ripe mango, dried apricots, prunes and a few tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Keeler's lime marmalade
- fresh lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and a dash of catchup
- Equal parts of dried apricots, prunes, dates and lemon or lime juice in blender and make paste. 2 tbsp of this for every 1 tsp. tamarind paste.
NOTE: This is not the real thing, however in a pinch it can work. Not to be used in large amounts.
Monday, November 17, 2014
International food blog: AMERICAN: GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE - PLEASE PLEASE DO...: make that AWFUL GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP AND FRIED ONION RINGS!! That recipe has been around for 50 years and is n...