Translate

Thursday, August 24, 2017

INTERNATIONAL: Menus 1 - Basil's in Wausau, Wisconsin

I like to read menus from different restaurants across the country and around the world.  It sometimes gives me ideas for a meal but  educates me also. There is a catering menu also with this restaurant post. 

Ran across this restaurant when doing research on Borderless Cuisine.  I do a series on Borderless Cuisine (this restaurant serves food from many countries). 

My series on Borderless Cuisine is from a different perspective:  My premise that countries near each other or bordering on each other share similar cuisines regardless of a physical border on a map.

For example, with this map below there is a carryover from different countries across the border.


Above map:  Many of the foods of Alsace-Lorraine (Strasbourg) are German in nature for two reasons:  proximity in border and the Germans kept capturing and giving back Alsace, Lorraine during wars.  Example is Sauerbraten.





Great crossover of cuisine between Germany and Austria and an example is Wiener Schnitzel,



But that is for another day!!

First of a series of menus: 




No comments:

Post a Comment