Packaged mixes were very popular in the 1970's and they are back!! They are fresh. The bottle doesn't sit in the refrigerator until done.
The reason I bought the Italian packaged seasoning mix is because I am tired of the bottled Italian Dressings: zesty and otherwise. Our family and relatives ran some taste tests and found that the bottled dressings are sweeter than they used to be. Just by taste. I don't have any OLD bottles of dressing but the more and more additives they put into the dressings, the more they ruin the taste.
So I decided to try:
- Good Seasons and
The first one I bought was Good Seasons Zesty Italian and the Good Seasons Italian. Made it and loved it!! Branched out and bought the Wish-Bone. There is clearly a difference in taste and ...
- The Wish-Bone is clearly sweeter by taste (who wants a sweet Italian dressing for a green salad?).
- The Wish-Bone has 3 g of sugar.
- The Wish-Bone is lower in calories.
- The Wish-Bone is higher in SODIUM but tasted sweeter. I put salt in it but it didn't do much. I will stick with the winner below!!!
THE WINNER FOR ME IS BELOW!!
- The Good Seasons has a real Italian dressing taste (not sweet).
- The Good Seasons has less than 1 g of sugar
- The Good Seasons is higher in calories.
- The Good Seasons is lower in sodium.